I’m tomGER, a developer from Germany, located within the European Union. I dabble in nearly all programming fields in my freetime, though the backend is my forte. I’m a strong FOSS advocate and publish most of my work on Github.
Besides programming, I highly enjoy anything space related and a bit of video games here and there.
- Till early last year I lead a group of skilled and amazing homebrew developers for the Nintendo Switch that created an entire ecosystem of tools to make the experience much more enjoyable, including Updaters, Toolkits and more.
- Since then I have focussed on diversifying my skills by learning Golang and Rust
- I have also started dabbling into really low level programming and Web Assembly
Based on the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages”
- German - ~C2 (Native language)
- English - C1
- Dutch - B2
- Latin - ~A2
- Russian - ~A2 (Verbally)
I have experience in writing code in the following programming languages (most experienced to least experienced):
- Visual Basic
- Managing a software ecosystem
- Working with game engines such as Godot
- Implementing backend functionality into PWA sites such as https://notify.moe in Golang
- Using WASM together with Deno and Golang
- Harvesting information out of the internet to easily serve to the user in Python
- Simple Reverse Engineering with Ghidra
- Serving public APIs through the web
- 2D Application development in SDL
- Creating moderation tools that moderate millions of Users in Python
- Making moderation of millions more accessible to Moderators
Note: A full list of of notable projects I contributed to can be found on my Github README: https://github.com/tumGER
- Kosmos, originally being founded by me, it grew to millions of downloads and a full ecosystem and team surrounding it.
- BETCH, a Discord bot that harvests wiki data in order to help homebrew developers with their error codes and give detailed solutions to them at ease.
- Moderation tools for Reddit communities with millions of subscribers such as /r/SubredditOfTheDay, /r/Bossfight or /r/DeepFriedMemes
I’m on a multitude of platforms and am happy to answer any questions. The easiest way to contact me is through the following ways: